As a popular tattoo shop in Victoria, TX, part of our job is to anticipate the upcoming tattoo trends and try to prepare for them, so that we can give our clients the very best tattoos possible. Obviously, you will likely have your tattoo for the rest of your life, so picking something just because it is a trend probably isn’t a smart idea. That said, knowing what new limits are being stretched can certainly be inspiring when figuring out which tattoo you want to get. With that in mind, here are six popular trends, courtesy of your tattoo shop in Victoria, TX:
- Minimalism: Minimalism has recently been reemerging as a popular trend in design, architecture and photography, so it makes sense that it is now expanding to the tattoo world as well. If you have sometimes been put off by the stereotype of tattoos being gaudy or overdone, this style is definitely worth a try.
- Geometric patterns: Traditional tattoos often try to follow the natural curves of the body, but not so for the newly emerging geometric style. If you prefer clean lines, visually appealing patterns and intricate detail in your tattoos, search for geometric tattoos online and allow your creative juices to start flowing. You might even ask an artist friend of yours to come up with an original pattern just for you.
- Cityscapes: Tattoos of skyscrapers and sweeping city views are not exactly new, but they are currently more popular than ever. Try to find a tattoo artist that is especially creative with black and gray work, and get creative about placement. Having a building running up your arms or twin skyscrapers on both legs can make for a very cool effect.
- Style mixing: Who says you cannot lay a realistic face portrait over a surrealist background? If you want a tattoo that truly pushes the limits and says something unique about how you see the world, consider mixing styles for some one-of-a-kind ink. Just make sure you find an artist who really shares your vision.
- Optical illusions: If you appreciate the whimsical side of life, an optical illusion tattoo made to look like it is literally emerging from your skin might be just the thing for you. Or you can do an old-school throwback of a classic optical illusion, like Escher’s impossible staircase or the Ponzo perspective illusion.
- Single lines: It is amazing to see what creative feats can be accomplished in the space of such tight perimeters. Such is the case with this tattoo style, which features images drawn only from one continuous line. Faces, animals and even buildings are all possible, so long as your artists has a solid image to work from.
Whether you choose to go with one of the above trends or pick something more classic, our job at In The Skin Tattoo And Piercing Studio is to make the experience a positive one. For more information, please give us a call or drop by our tattoo shop in Victoria, TX.