When getting a tattoo or piercing, it is almost always helpful to bring a friend or loved one along with you for the experience, especially if this is your first tattoo or body piercing. But how can you decide which friend is just right to act as your support system? No matter how much your significant other loves you or your roommate loves to try new experiences, they might not actually possess all the important qualities that a tattoo and piercing buddy should have. Here are five qualities to look for when bringing a friend to the tattoo and piercing shop in Victoria, TX:
- An open mind: Obviously, bringing a friend who is judgmental of tattoos and body piercings with you to the studio is not a smart idea, as they will make you feel unsupported and might even try to talk you out of your decision. But beyond this, the friend should be open to letting you choose your own jewelry, tattoo design and placement, and not make you feel bad about something that you genuinely like and are excited about.
- Experience: Ideally, the friend you bring with you when getting a tattoo or piercing should be someone who has a piercing or tattoo themselves, so that they can help guide you through the experience. If you are not close to anyone with piercings or tattoos, try to at least find a friend who is familiar with the terminology and process, or who would be open to doing a bit of research before accompanying you.
- Outspokenness: If you have never gotten a new tattoo or piercing before, you cannot be sure about how you will react to the experience. If you tend to get shy and quiet when you are nervous, you need a companion who is not afraid to speak up, and whom you trust to advocate on your behalf. Tell your friend exactly what you want beforehand, so they can speak up if something is not right.
- Calming presence: While being outspoken is important, your tattoo or piercing buddy should also strike a balance that allows them to also be a calming presence for you. If you are afraid you will get panicked during the tattoo process, try practicing some breathing exercises with your friend before, and ask them to remind you that everything will be okay.
- Celebratory: Once you have finally walked out of the shop with your new tattoo or piercing, you will likely feel excited about celebrating and showing it off. Make sure that your friend or loved one will mirror and encourage your excitement, rather than put a damper on things. It’s not a bad idea to make tentative celebratory plans beforehand, so you have something to look forward to during the process.
Once you find the perfect tattoo or piercing buddy, you need to find the perfect tattoo and piercing shop in Victoria, TX. The team of experienced professionals here at In The Skin Tattoo And Piercing Studio hopes you will trust us with this important and exciting job.