Body modification can have amazing results when done right, but like all works of art, you need to make sure you’re taking care of your unique modifications when they’re made… otherwise you might find that they’re more trouble than they’re worth! This couldn’t be truer than when it comes to dealing with body jewelry in Victoria, TX.
Body jewelry needs absolute care and attention not just in the days after you receive your piercing, but for the life of the piercing and the piece of jewelry itself. Whether the piercing can be removed or is stationary, there are certain aspects of care that you need to be aware of, so that you can keep your piercing site and your health in the best condition possible. Take a look at a few care tips regarding body jewelry in Victoria, TX and piercing sites:
- Most pieces of body jewelry can be sterilized with antibacterial soap and a clean cloth, however there are exceptions to the rule. Tongue rings and jewelry used for genital piercings should be cleaned with specialized antiseptic solutions, which can generally be bought online or where body jewelry is sold.
- Body jewelry should be washed both after it’s removed for any reason and before it’s reinserted into a piercing site. This is to ensure the total cleanliness of the piece and to prevent it from carrying germs back to your piercing site.
- For general facial piercings, it’s best to remove jewelry when showering or bathing, so that your piercing sites can be more easily cleaned and the jewelry itself can be cleaned before reinsertion. In many cases, using cotton swab to clean the piercing site before reinsertion is a good idea—especially if the piercing area is in a hard to clean area.
- Body jewelry that’s not in use should be stored in a clean, sterile environment. Many people keep unused pieces in small plastic organizers or in enclosed jewelry boxes, which are idea. The idea is that enclosed storage areas will prevent germs and other contaminants from festering on your jewelry.
- Be sure to know the care of jewelry materials before you use them. For example, metal and wood jewelry will have different cleaning instructions, while stone and plastic jewelry might have different storage instructions. Keep these things in mind.
On top of these great cleaning and care instructions, there’s also a myriad of common sense that people need to keep in mind. If your jewelry is compromised in any way or you’ve had a reaction to the material, don’t keep using it! Likewise, if your body has rejected a piercing (such as a dermal implant), it’s best to visit a doctor to make sure that there’s no infection or other issues that need to be cleared up.
Finally, it goes without saying that anytime you’re looking for a new piercing or even new body jewelry in Victoria, TX, it pays to come to a professional shop where you’ll receive top quality treatment and peace of mind throughout the entire process: In The Skin Tattoo And Piercing Studio.