Whether you’re covered in ink or you’re stopping by the shop to get your very first tattoo done, tattoo care remains an all-important consideration that should be adamantly kept up on if you want your tattoo to turn out perfectly. Without the right tattoo aftercare products in Victoria, TX, you might be left to the mercy of any number of adverse conditions, including dryness, infection, fading or itchiness—all of which can taint your tattoo for the worse. Take a look at five products that you should absolutely think about when contemplating tattoo aftercare:
- Tatu Derm: This transparent bandage is a huge innovation in the tattooing industry and will serve to give your ink the protection it needs to heal, while also allowing you to show off your art! The transparent barrier won’t stick to your tattoo or hurt when peeling it off, and while it’s on, it protects against water and “weeping” skin that may serve to be a breeding ground for infections.
- Odorless moisturizers: Keeping skin moisturized and healthy is paramount to avoiding itchiness, cracking skin, bleeding and flaking that might compromise your design. At the same time, moisturizers with added scents and smells can irritate your tattoo and cause further damage to the skin, making odorless moisturizers essential. Use ointments such as Vitamin A&D cream, Aquaphor or Tattoo Goo for best results and longer-lasting applications.
- Gentle soaps: Water is a gateway for infection when it comes to your tattoo, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t clean it! Be sure to wash your tattoo with soap and water gently after a day or two of healing and make sure that you’re using a gentle soap that’s not going to be abrasive to the healing process. Dove soap is a popular favorite because it doesn’t contain scents or abrasive chemicals.
- Gauze wraps: If you work somewhere that has a lot of manual labor and your tattoo could be at risk of being damaged due to your environment, it’s a good idea to protect it during working hours with gauze. Cover the tattoo with something like Tatu Derm before wrapping it in gauze and you’ll find that your ink is protected from both infection and physical damages.
- Sunscreen: Even after your tattoo is healed, it’s still going to have one major enemy—the sun. Sunlight can fade even the most colorful designs and has a tendency to put premature strain on ink. If you’re going to be hitting the beach or a tanning booth, or you spend a lot of time outdoors, remember to pack your sunscreen!
As you can tell from the list above, finding the right tattoo aftercare products in Victoria, TX isn’t all that hard—it’s remembering to utilize them diligently that most people have a problem with! Make sure you’re paying close attention to your tattoo and taking the time to ensure it’s getting the TLC it needs both during and after the healing process.